Are you concerned about your Bitcoins? Do you need high security for your Bitcoins and other altcoins?
If yes, then I would like to thank you for getting concerned about your Bitcoins because most people just buy it and store it on hot storage wallets, which leads to possible threats to the expensive Bitcoins.
Most of these wallets hold your private keys! Yes, that's true. The owner of these wallets can run away with your Bitcoins. If you don't want someone to touch your costly Bitcoins, I request you to follow this post until the end, in which I'll guide you the right way to secure them completely.
The ideal way is to buy a Ledger Nano S, a hardware wallet which stores your Bitcoins in a physical wallet (aka cold storage). In this post, I'll share my honest Ledger Nano S Review with all the details.
- 1 What is Ledger Nano S?
- 2 Price of Ledger Nano S
- 3 Features of Ledger Nano S
- 4 Security of Ledger Nano S
- 5 Companion Apps of Ledger Nano S
- 6 Integration of Ledger Nano S
- 7 Alternatives to Ledger Nano S
- 8 Pros of Ledger Nano S
- 9 It is important to have a Ledger Nano S
- 10 Ledger Nano S: FAQs
- 11 Where to buy a Ledger Nano S from?
What is Ledger Nano S?
Ledger Nano S is a Hardware Wallet, popularly known as cold storage, used for storing all your cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc. This device is full of security features. To use its features, you need to connect it to the computer using the USB. As soon as it is connected, you can confirm the transactions on the OLED display with just single click.
Inside the Box:
- Ledger Nano S
- 1 Micro USB Cable
- Recovery Sheet
Price of Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S is priced at 79 € (approximately $96) whereas competitors like TREZOR are selling it at a high price. Comparatively, it looks very affordable and worth the investment. If you're low on budget, this Hardware Wallet is the best you can get within this price range.
Features of Ledger Nano S
The Ledger Nano S has tons of features. Each and every feature makes it even more powerful.
- Multi-Currency: It supports Bitcoins as well as altcoins in the same hardware wallet.
- Multi-Apps: It supports multiple apps for different other coins for compatibility.
- OLED Display: Confirm all your transactions on the display with a physical button.
- 2FA: It also supports the FIDO Universal Second Factor authentication standard on Google, Dropbox, GitHub or Dashlane.
- Security: Your data is secure and it's locked with various security features like pin code, etc.
- Backup & Restoration: You can always Backup & Restore using the recover sheets provided by Ledger.
Security of Ledger Nano S
When it comes to security, Ledger Nano S provides excellent security features such as:
- Secure Element: It is based on a dual chip architecture and the firmware integrity is guaranteed by cryptographic attestation.
- Pin Code: You will have to enter the 8 digit pin code when accessing the hardware wallet.
- Privacy: Ledger Nano S does not hold your private keys; your private keys are stored in the secure element, which means you're the 100% owner of the private keys.
- Malware Proof: Initialization or restoration of the Ledger Nano S is done only in a secure environment. So, there are no chances of hacking it.
Companion Apps of Ledger Nano S
You can always install apps related to your Cryptocurrencies to get full benefits of latest updates and security as Ledger Manager enables firmware updates and browsing.
Here are some of the Popular Cryptocurrencies Companion Apps which are available as of now:
- FIDO U2F
These were just a few apps. You can find the complete list here
Integration of Ledger Nano S
You can always use the companion apps from the Ledger Nano S as well as Integrations such as:
- Ledger Wallet Bitcoin
- Ledger Wallet Ethereum
- Ledger Wallet Litecoin
Alternatives to Ledger Nano S
Currently, there are only 2 alternatives available in the market, which are:
- TREZOR - $99
- KeepKey - $99
Pros of Ledger Nano S
- Easy to use
- Stylish Design
- Robust Security
It is important to have a Ledger Nano S
I would like to conclude, if you seriously care about your Cryptocurrencies, you should go ahead and buy this because this is the best hardware wallet available in the market right now, and at a very affordable price.
Well, in simple words, I would like to say, if you've Cryptocurrencies worth only $100-$200, hot storage wallet is a convenient option. However, if you've more than $1500-$2000 worth Cryptocurrencies, I would highly suggest you take action right now and save all your Cryptocurrencies by purchasing Ledge Nano S. If you're procrastinating, thinking that you'll buy it later, you better be lucky that your wallet doesn't get hacked as there are many stories of hacked-wallets piling up on the web.
At the end, it is your choice. If you really want to save those Cryptocurrencies for long-term, you must buy a Ledger Nano S right now!
Ledger Nano S: FAQs
What happens when you lose your Ledger Nano S? Are the funds lost forever?
No. Your funds are safe if you have the 24 words phrase. All you need to do is to buy a new Ledger Nano S and enter the phrases again.
What if someone gets hold of your Ledger Nano S? Will he/she be able to get hold of all my funds?
No. They need the 8 digit PIN that you had entered while setting up the Nano Ledger S.
What should I know before buying a Nano Ledger S?
Buy it only from the official website. While setting up the device, write down the 24 phrases properly and keep it in a safe place. Do not share it with anyone. Do not take a picture of the phrase.
Where to buy a Ledger Nano S from?
Etherbit: Buy Now
Ledger Wallet (RECOMMENDED): Buy Now
If you buy from the official ledger wallet website, it would cost you much less than 10,000 INR (including shipping and custom) wherein Etherbit's price is almost 15k INR.
We have ordered mutiple times from Nano Ledger S's official website and it tool less than 7 days to arrive. Plus the custom that was calculated was around 41 percent (still very much cheaper than Etherbit). Do not worry. Go ahead and place the order now. Also, if you order 2 or 3 at a time, the shipping charges gets divided.
If you found this post helpful then please do share it and help others secure their Cryptocurrencies. If you have any doubts or suggestions or you want to share the some of the best features of Ledge Nano S, let us know in the comment section.